Thursday, December 01, 2016

Yosemite National Park - tents in autumn


Heated canvas tent for 1-2person(about 100bucks a night excluding breakfast. Bummer). It was 5-7C at night coldest and a heater on far right kept me warm. Though I would opt not to use this type of accommodation again if I made a trip to national parks - it felt such a waste of energy emitting from what looked like 80's heater to a canvas tent that doesn't contain heat well at all.


There is a bear-proof food locker outside just by the door. I was told to store even cosmetics e.g. hand cream, shampoo etc. A locker full of picnic goodies & hampers, Boo-boo!  If only I was smarter than average bears!



Hard-core campers by Yosemite lower fall access point. They are rock climbers I guess, as El Capitan is around corner. I was walking towards a head trail for Yosemite upper fall at 8am.